Saturday 11 May 2013

Drawings from the Past

It's been quite some time since I did any really serious artwork.  I used to do pet portraits, and whilst this was incredibly time consuming it was something I loved to do.  When my Etsy yarn shop took off in 2007 my art was temporarily put on hold.  I recently stumbled across some of my pencil drawings I have scanned in a folder on my computer.  All of these have been done in graphite pencil and most of them were commissioned pet portraits.

These few below were done with coloured pencil.  The Christmas designs were for an animal rescue centre I was involved with at the time.


Looking at these old drawings and my obsession with Pinterest has rekindled my passion for art. Because of all my other crafty endeavours, and the success of Twisted Limone, I still don't have a great deal of spare time, but I'm squeezing in some moments each week to maintain an art journal - my 'painted thoughts'.  I recently purchased a Moleskine art pad from Amazon, Ooooh these books wonderful!  You can also make your own journal, which is much cheaper and there are some beautiful handmade ones out there. 

However, I'll blog about my art journal in a separate post at a later date, along with some of the doodles/watercolours I've done so far. I intend to fill up lots of them, I'm bursting with ideas.  Go to Pinterest and search art journaling!  My Pinterest journaling folder full of ideas is here.

Happy drawing!
Karen

1 comment:

  1. These are just stunning Karen . . WoW, you are sooo talented!

    You can really go off people sometimes . . lol!

    ReplyDelete