Sunday 21 April 2013

Work in Progress

I've just started another crochet project. I've decided to crochet a granny square blanket for my bedroom and because it is rather large this one could be a long term project! Inspired by this Beach Huts canvas print from Next, which currently takes pride of place in my bedroom. 
 
Beach Huts canvas - www.next.co.uk

  At the moment I've only done 6 squares, I've got a long way to go!
 
 
 
The pattern is from the Happy Flower Block Tutorial from Annie's Place blog.  Whilst I absolutely adore the bright and beautiful colours in her version, my blanket calls for more muted tones for match my seaside/beach hut inspired bedroom.   This tutorial is wonderful; it's really well explained and there are nice clear photographs, this is essential for a newbie crocheter like myself.
 
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment