Tuesday 20 October 2009

Silverdale Cornflower Socks





Pattern: Cornflower Socks (my own)
Needles: 2.50 mm
Yarn: Wildfire Fibres Bambino in Silverdale colourway

All finished at last and ready for test knitting. After completing my blue Cornflower Socks, I decided to knit another pair as there were one or two things I wasn't happy with; the sizing for one and I also wanted the gusset decrease stitches to blend more into the twisted knit stitches along the side of the foot. I also re-wrote the pattern for Double Pointed Needles. So after a hectic few weeks of writing and then re-writing the pattern I can now relax a bit and leave the worry to my little band of test knitters ;)

Don't forget I have my Cornflower Cowl, almost ready for release - this is a really super quick to knit and ideal for a last minute Christmas present. I have just started it again in a fluorescent yellow/lime and will be knitting it in a bright shocking pink too for the Christmas box :) Well, you need a splash of colour in winter, don't you?!

I'll blog as soon as the patterns are released, I'll be so excited I won't be able to contain myself! ;) I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Elaine; she is test knitting both my Cornflower Cowl and socks and at the same time madly dyeing yarn and working really hard to set up her shop. If there is any of her beautiful yarn left, you will find it for sale on her blog La Belle Helene, until she gets her shop set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment